WiBear 11n - Industrial universal WLAN front end module (IEEE 802.11b/g)
The lesswire industrial universal WiBear 11n module is a reliable, automotive-grade WLAN front-end module. The module is developed for use in industrial temperature range from -40°C to +85°C.
- Extremely small and efficient footprint (15 x 15 mm)
- Simultaneous use of two different leading wireless standards, the IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN and a full-featured Bluetooth IEEE802.15.1 class 2+ transceiver
- Micro Access Point feature for building WLAN networks with a maximum number of 8 clients
The WiBear11n WLAN module may be integrated in two ways into customer applications:
- Deploy the processor of the existing design as host controller: The WiBear11n module is connected to the customer processor by an SDIO interface. The WLAN stack will run on the processor of the existing design.
- Add the WiBear11n WLAN module together with a host controller to an existing design. As an example, the host controller may be based on an ARM9 core. A corresponding reference design is available on request.
The WiBear11n WLAN module is designed for industrial and automotive solutions in order to connect with already existing WLAN networks. Furthermore, an embedded Linux-based Web Server reference application is available to easily implement user interfaces for WLAN module configuration.
The Bluetooth interface supports Bluetooth 2.1 and Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) operation as well as Bluetooth 3.0 + HS (Highspeed) and complies with Bluetooth stacks that support SDIO. It includes an integrated MAC/baseband processor and RF front-end components and must be connected to a host processor through its SDIO interface. Host drivers for common operating systems such as Linux and Windows 7 are available. The WiBear11n module is a compact one-side assembled design and can be soldered (SMD) onto customer boards. The availability of the module is guaranteed for a minimum of 6 years.